Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Mason

Our Halloweenie Halloween special is online…yesterday. Yes, it went up yesterday. But have no fear, if you act within the next two months, you can still be one of the first 45 people to see it! How’s that for the ground floor, huh?

Oh, I’m kidding. I’m sure that “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Mason” will take the Internet by storm! I mean, it is listed on the “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” Wikipedia page after all (a special thanks to the wikihead who listed us!).

So, if you haven’t seen “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Mason” go there now and watch it. I’ll wait. Hmmm…waiting…waiting…waiting…

Okay, I can’t wait anymore, it’s not fair to those who have seen the short. Those people who left to watch the special will just have to catch me later, I’ll fill them in.

Speaking of Wikipedia, LFTI has it’s own page now as well (thanks again anonymous wiki user)! If you have stuff to add to it, just create an account and edit the page! It’s that easy…I mean, so I understand. I, personally, have never used Wikipedia. Nope. Not ever. I don’t have to. The anonymous poster does all my work for me. In fact, I think I’m going to have the anonymous wiki-person get me another cup of coffee right now…

Ahhh. Thanks Wiki-Dude.


They Like Themselves! They Really, Really Like Themselves!

Sorry for the subcategory (Wikipedia allows users to add sub-categories, like, say, special guest star categories for instance) but I wanted to change the subject a little.

As Fuz pointed out in the comments, it’s time to vote for the TV Guide awards. So, if you’d like to, go ahead and vote. I urge you to vote for the “little guy.” No, there’s no specific show called “the little guy.” I was speaking figuratively.

In the case of the “Original Web Comedy Series,” “the little guy” would be the professional actor with the least amount of money.

Your options are:

“Clark and Michael” starring Michael Cera (from Arrested Development and Superbad) and countless celebrity cameos.

“Illeanarama: Supermarket to the Stars” starring Illeana Douglass (diva of the big and small screen) and countless celebrity cameos.

“Derek and Simon” created and produced by Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show and numerous other things) and featuring cameos from Bob’s celebrity buddies.

“Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager” starring…well…Chad Vader (Darth’s Younger Brother – evidently much younger considering Darth lived a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away).


Okay, “Chad Vader” isn’t a big show. They worked their way up from the bottom like a good indie show should, but, let’s face it, they built their show around a character that was already established in the American psyche. Half their work was done for them.

So, I guess what I’m trying to say is…go ahead and vote if you want. Me? I’m not going to bother. You? Go ahead. Why not vote for Steve Carrell (The 40-year-old Virgin, The Office) for “best web actor?” He could use the boost.


Zen and the Art of Website Maintenance

Another sub-category! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to get the new short (“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Mason”) on the front page. And I finally did it!

Yeah me! Go me! Me in ’08!

Yes, our normal web diva has taken a new job (congrats Lauren) so she doesn’t have the time to do the little stuff at the moment. So I’ve taken up the mantle. I put on my Cher wig. I am the new web diva!

We don’t need Lauren anymore!

(No, Lauren, we still need you. Please! I’m begging you! That was just a self-congratulatory outburst brought on by an unusual feeling of…what is it? Self-esteem? See, I don’t even know how to describe that emotion! Don’t leave us! KATR needs you! LFTI needs you! We’ll write GDD into every show!)

Enough of my groveling. Watch our fantastic new Halloween Special!

ROBB

No comments: